The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association
The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association (YFNCT) is a non-profit organization that is committed to growing and promoting vibrant and sustainable arts/culture and tourism sectors.
YFNCT offers training, a booking/referral service, networking opportunities and co-operative marketing for First Nations artists, performers, cultural centres and tourism entrepreneurs in Yukon. YFNCT works closely with arts/culture, tourism and government organizations to maximize opportunities within the sectors.
YFNCT also presents the Adäka Cultural Festival – a world-class multi-disciplinary cultural festival held every summer at the Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre in Whitehorse.
"Arts and culture unify and strengthen Yukon First Nations communities creating pride, renowned artists, and inspiring experiences that attract visitors from around the world."
"To foster the development of vibrant and sustainable Yukon First Nations arts, culture and tourism sectors."
- Marketing and Communications - Increase understanding, awareness and demand for YFN arts, culture and tourism experiences within and beyond Yukon.
- Product Development - Support the development, enhancement and delivery/presentation of authentic YFN art, culture and tourism products and experiences.
- Entrepreneurial Development - Facilitate training, mentorship and educational opportunities that support the development of YFN artists, businesses and organizations.
- Networking and Partnerships - Build strong linkages between sector stakeholders to increase collaboration, leverage resources and create new opportunities.
- Advocacy - Be a unified voice to influence, promote and assist the development of YFN art, cultural and tourism sectors within Yukon.
Director - Business Operations
(867) 667-7698 Ext. 203
(Kluane First Nation)
Director of Programs and Partnerships
Manager, Training & Community Engagement
(867) 667-7698 Ext. 205
Manager, Tourism Development
(867) 667-7698 Ext. 201
Programs and Marketing Coordinator
(867) 667-7698 Ext. 206
(Champagne and Aishihik First Nation)
YFNCT Board of Directors
Marilyn Jensen (Yadultin, Dūsts’ādle, and Shaawát goox) – Dakhká Tlingit and Tagish Khwaán, Carcross/Tagish First Nation
Lateral Kindness Inc., Dakhká Khwáan Dancers
Jessie Stephen - White River First Nation
Managing Director of Gúnta Business
Joella Hogan - First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun
Owner and operator of Yukon Soap Company
Karee Vallevand - Tagish Khwaán and Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Community Engagement Planner at Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Teena Dickson - Chipewyan
Owner / Operator of Who What Where Tours
Courtney Wheelton - Tahltan First Nation
Project Manager, First Nations Initiatives - Yukon First Nations Education Directorate
George Bahm (Yáandakhin yeił) - Teslin Tlingit Council
Owner of Wild Yukon Furs
Elizabeth Bosely (Kaxyhȇk) - Teslin Tlingit Council
Coordinator - YFN Arts Certificate Program, Yukon University
Alexis Anderson - Champagne and Aishihik First Nations
Senior Analyst - Health at Council of Yukon First Nations