The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association
The Yukon First Nations Culture and Tourism Association (YFNCT) is a non-profit organization that is committed to growing and promoting vibrant and sustainable arts/culture and tourism sectors.
YFNCT offers training, a booking/referral service, networking opportunities and co-operative marketing for First Nations artists, performers, cultural centres and tourism entrepreneurs in Yukon. YFNCT works closely with arts/culture, tourism and government organizations to maximize opportunities within the sectors.
YFNCT also presents the Adäka Cultural Festival – a world-class multi-disciplinary cultural festival held every summer at the Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre in Whitehorse.
"Arts and culture unify and strengthen Yukon First Nations communities creating pride, renowned artists, and inspiring experiences that attract visitors from around the world."
"To foster the development of vibrant and sustainable Yukon First Nations arts, culture and tourism sectors."
- Marketing and Communications - Increase understanding, awareness and demand for YFN arts, culture and tourism experiences within and beyond Yukon.
- Product Development - Support the development, enhancement and delivery/presentation of authentic YFN art, culture and tourism products and experiences.
- Entrepreneurial Development - Facilitate training, mentorship and educational opportunities that support the development of YFN artists, businesses and organizations.
- Networking and Partnerships - Build strong linkages between sector stakeholders to increase collaboration, leverage resources and create new opportunities.
- Advocacy - Be a unified voice to influence, promote and assist the development of YFN art, cultural and tourism sectors within Yukon.
(867) 667-7698 Ext. 203
Aboriginal Tourism Development Officer
(867) 667-7698 Ext. 201
Marketing and Membership Coordinator
(867) 667-7698 Ext. 205
Office Manager and Finance
(867) 667-7698 ext. 202 firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Arts
(867) 667-7698 ext. 206
(867) 667-7698 ext. 204
YFNCT Board of Directors
Shirlee Frost – Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation
Visual Artist / Master Beader, Founding Member Commissioner’s Potlatch and National Aboriginal Day in Whitehorse
Marilyn Jensen – Carcross/Tagish First Nation
Performing Artist / Leader - Dakhká Khwáan Dancers, Yukon College Instructor - First Nations Governance & Public Administration
Chartered Accountant, Yukon Government Finance Department
Gord Loverin - Tahltan First Nation
Digital Media Strategist
Doris McLean – Carcross/Tagish First Nation
Artist / Cultural Leader and Member of Dakhká Khwáan Dancers
Lisa Dewhurst – Teslin Tlingit Council
Marketing Manager, Teslin Tlingit Heritage Centre
Florence Moses – First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
Shadelle Chambers – Champagne and Aishihik First Nations
Executive Director of Council of Yukon First Nations
Judy Gingell - Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Victoria Fred - Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Lawyer at Boughton Law
Melina Hougen -Champagne and Aishihik First Nations
Studying Northern Conservation and Environmental Studies
Courtney Wheelton -Tahltan First Nation
Culture Coordinator - Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre
Diane Strand -Champagne and Aishihik First Nations
Director of Community Wellness - Champagne and Aishihik First Nations